Hemoglobin count increase in blood in a weak naturally using food and proper diet during pregnancy. By better diet,what to eat iron nutrients
On my recent visit to the blood donation center nurse pointed out that my Hemoglobin levels are near the margins, and hence, I should not donate blood more than twice a year. For normal people, the duration is three months.
The normal range for Hemoglobin is
- 13.5 to 17.5g/dl for males
- 12. To 15.5 for females.
What is Hemoglobin ?
Hemoglobin is a vital component of Red Blood cells. They are the carriers of oxygen from the lungs to the entire body. They also carry carbon-di-oxide back to the lungs, which is then exhaled. Hemoglobin deficiency impairs this essential body function.
Reduced hemoglobin is often found in pregnant women.
Causes of Hemoglobin Less Count
There are multiple causes of the deficiency; some of them being are mentioned as under
- Excessive loss of blood due to physical injury
- Excessive blood flow during female problem
- Reduced production of RBC’s by the malfunctioning of the bone marrow
- Poor dietary habits, malnourishment, less iron intake
- Low production of hydrochloric acid in the stomach
- A parasitic infection like ringworm, hookworm, tapeworm, etc.
- Diseases associated with Liver, Kidney
- Chronic diseases.
Symptoms of Less Hemoglobin
- Weakness, dizziness, low energy levels, fatigue
- Dullness in the eyes, wrinkled face, overall haggard look
- Irregular beating of the heart, shortness of breath after exercise, palpitations
- Headache, poor memory, difficulty in getting the wounds to heal.
- Unexplained bruises.
- Chest Pain
- Cold hand and feet.
How to increase Hemoglobin with best diet
Hemoglobin is increased by the intake of proper food. That is rich in Iron, Folic acid, vitamin B-12 is suggested to increase Hemoglobin. Many times when people do not take care of their food and diet. Due to this carelessness, they become weak and hemoglobin count in their blood decreases suddenly. All they need to check the diet on what they eat. As soon you start taking good food , you will be able to level up your hemoglobin count.
Increase consumption of Vitamin C
Iron cannot be absorbed directly in the body. It needs Vitamin C to increase its absorption. To increase the use of Citrus fruits, bell pepper, tomato, broccoli, cauliflower, capsicum. Vitamin A and Beta-Carotene also help in the absorption of iron.
Foods rich in Vitamin A are
- Dark green leafy Vegetables, Orange fleshed sweet potatoes, Carrots, Yellow Maize, Papaya.
- Eggs, Milk and Liver
- Red Palm Oil or Biruti Palm Oil.
Excessive consumption of Vitamin A can have harmful effects. It can cause headaches and pain in the joints.
Foods rich in Beta- Carotene include:
- Dark leafy vegetables like Spinach
- Sweet Potatoes
- Red and Yellow peppers
Increase intake of I-Carotene also helps Iron-rich foods.
Increase consumption of the following food items
- Green leafy vegetables like Spinach. It also adds fiber to food.
- Legumes are iron-rich food products. Increase their intake to improve iron content in the food.
- Liver and other organ meats are an excellent source of iron.
- Soya products like Tofu
- Dry fruits
- Green Beans
- Various types of nuts
- Pumpkin, sesame, hemp, and flaxseeds. They also contain Omega-3 and Omega-6, excellent nutrient for the heart.
Increased consumption of Folate
Folate is a type of Vitamin-B; It helps in the synthesis of Heme an essential constituent of Hemoglobin.
Good sources of folate include:
- For non-vegetarians – beef
- For Vegan – spinach
- black-eyed peas
- kidney beans
Get the Doctor to Prescribe Iron Supplements.
The doctor might prescribe an iron supplement to boost the level in chronic cases. There are supplements available over the counter. However, too much intake could harm the body and lead to constipation, nausea, and vomiting.
Home Remedies for Low Hemoglobin
- Soak five dates and 20 resins, overnight in a bowl of water.
- Consume the same as soon as you get up.
Home Remedies typically take time. Give 2-3 months, and the results would be beneficial.
A couple of teaspoon of honey consumed daily over a couple of months will bring the necessary benefits. Boil fistful of drum sticks in a cup of water; Let the water level reduced to 3/4th. Consume the decoction for good results.
Seven almonds soaked overnight and consumed in the morning would help with the Hemoglobin level. It also has memory-boosting capabilities. They have anti-aging properties and antioxidant properties. They also contain Vitamin B17 and folic acid essential for fighting cancer.
Soak two tablespoons of Sesame seeds; soak it in water for a couple of hours. Grind it with little Coconut. Add water and boil it. Mix jaggery to milk for taste. Then have it after breakfast daily for a couple of months.
Drink a glass of beetroot daily. Beetroot is an excellent source of , calcium, potassium, niacin, etc. It will help detoxify the liver and increase overall stamina. It also has anti-cancer properties.
Soya-Bean Consumed regularly will have excellent results. It can be consumed in multiple ways. It has excellent protein content and is lactose free. It is also a good source of Omega-3.
A glass of juice consumed daily would help increase the hemoglobin level. It not only has ample vitamin C but is also beneficial for cancer protection, heart disease and Alzheimer It has anti-inflammatory properties and is good for Arthritis.
Dates are incredibly nutritious and help increase hemoglobin level if consumed daily. However, people with diabetes are advised not to consume them as they have rich sugar content.
Watermelon contains vitamin –C and hence is excellent hemoglobin boosting properties. Make it a part of your daily diet. Eat it post-lunch. Avoid eating it after dinner as it not recommended post evening.
Pumpkin Seeds: Sprinkle them over your food daily. They are very high in magnesium and help improve heart health and lower blood sugar.
Increase hemoglobin in a week naturally
If you are really serious about increasing hemoglobin in a week, then you must be very determined for this.
There are so many reason why you are suffering from low hemoglobin count. This has been caused by multiple factors which happened in consecutive events. These are
- Due of improper diet
- You may be having low absorption level. This is a reason when you eat a appropriate diet but your body do not absorb the nutrients properly.
- The low absorption level may be because of low physical work or no exercise in your daily routine.
- So what you can do in increasing hemoglobin count.
Steps to increase hemoglobin in a week naturally
- First of all, try to eat more iron abundant food items.
- The best diet would be to take some fruit daily in your diet.
- You have to be very strict in your diet plan.
- Do a little exercise daily. If you are too weak , then a small walk would be enough.
- Try to get good sleep. Your sleep must be early night.
- Late night sleep decreases the absorption level in your body. This results in the food absorption in your body.
- If you follow all the steps properly, then you will see a sudden change in your hemoglobin count only in a weak.
- Last and most important, you must be following the same routine for months and if possible for whole life. This way you could prevent the low count forever.
Donating blood is a good practice. If you are astrologically inclined, then it protects you from the ill effects of bad Mars. It is also good for your heart’s health. It boosts your feel good factor. You have saved somebody’s life and hence have become a respectable member of society.
Finally, you get your hemoglobin tested for free and in case of need may take necessary remedial measures.
Low Hemoglobin Count FAQ
I have low hemoglobin, how can I increase it fast?
Try increasing the consumption of abundant iron foods like (spinach, eggs, legumes, seafood, artichokes lean meats etc..And having co-factors like Vitamin B6., help in improving Hemoglobin levels. Already we have also shared a guide for increasing blood count in a week. You can also consider it for faster results.
What foods to avoid during a low Hemoglobin period?
Beverages like Tea, Coffee, and Soft drinks cocoa should be avoided as they contain polyphenols, tannin, and oxalic acid. They prevent iron absorption in the body and result in declining hemoglobin level.
Does increase water intake help with my hemoglobin levels?
Increased water intake is highly recommended as it flushes the digestive system. For normal human beings, it also improves kidney functionality, but it will not have any positive impact on the hemoglobin level. Bonus Tip :- drinking good amount of water helps in increasing absorption levels of body and maintains a good energy levels of human body,
What is a low Hemoglobin level?
For men hemoglobin below 13.5 g/dl and for women below 12 g/dl warrants as low hemoglobin. For children, it is age-specific.
Hemoglobin count is a crucial part of blood. Despite of RBC and WBC hemoglobin count helps in healing body faster when someone is injured. So you must be able to identify what your body needs and how much. Your diet and habits are shown on your body soon. We wish you a healthy life thanks you.